Saturday, January 23, 2010

I HATE THIS SO MUCH!!!!!!!

So this past week was the first week of classes for my first senior year of college. It was pretty typical. I woke up with enough time to get ready and was actually kind of excited because it's the first week of my first senior year. Who wouldn't be excited to say that they are almost done with school? Everything was going well. I worked so hopefully I'll get some money soon. I had already talked to financial aid and had gotten that worked out so that my classes can actually get paid for this semester. I knew this semester would be busy what with me taking 17 hours of classwork, working 18 hours at the front desk, and just trying to be me. So many things happened that I hadn't foreseen.
Let's start with number 1:
1) My friend Sean got married. Ordinarily, this would be something to celebrate. Don't get me wrong. I'm happy for him if he married the girl for the right reasons. I don't think he did though. I think that he married the girl because she was pregnant with his baby. Not only do I not think that they got married for the reasons, but he didn't tell me. I probably would've handled this whole situation better if he had at least told me that he was getting married. The way I found out was total rubbish. I was on Facebook and suddenly there was an announcement on the news feed saying, "Sean was tagged in an album." The name of the album being Sean and Amber's Wedding. I could hardly believe my eyes! I had just talked to him a few days before on the phone, and he hadn't said anything about being engaged or that their wedding was coming up. It was kinda hard to accept, especially with me being at work. Luckily, I have amazing real friends that saying me so upset and so offered to build a fire (in a grill on campus). We smores, and I felt a little better after that. It still kinda hurts even now because he still hasn't told me. I haven't said anything to him either though. I honestly don't know what I would say to him. I mean, what do you say to someone who obviously doesn't want you to know something? I can't just go up to him and be like, "So I heard you got married. Why didn't you tell me?" How lame would that be?
2) The other thing that really upset me this week has to do with a sorority that I am currently in the process of dropping. I don't want to be there anymore for many reasons, and I really don't want to get into that right now because that's been a sore spot for MANY months now. Tonight there was a banquet celebrating the end of the colonization process for a fraternity on campus. Ever since they first started colonizing, I have been a big supporter of everything that they have done. I've even helped them out at some of the fundraisers. I had talked to one of the guys, and he told me that I had to be there so I planned to be there. Well at some point, one of my "sisters" had talked to the president of the fraternity, and he had told her that I was going. The conversation started innocently enough with her basically telling me that I was not supposed to go at all. We got into an argument over texting, and I just decided that I wasn't going to go. It really wasn't worth it if there was going to be any drama. I try to stay out of drama, but apparently, drama really like me. It's just crap because I had been looking forward to going since last semester when they first told me about it. Whatever. I'm at work now so I can't go anyway. Let them be Greek and happy. I'll be a GDI for all I care. At this point, I don't care for the Greek system. Blah.

These two things are really the only things to get me upset. I'm ready for bed, but unfortunately I'm at work until midnight. It's only 20 till 9pm. I never said my thoughts or feeling were rational. I'm just glad for a place to write all this. What are your thoughts on this?

Days until my birthday: 15

No comments: