Tuesday, August 10, 2010

So MUCH!

Today I decided that I was going to register for my teaching insurance. I filled out the application and everything. It was fine. Then I decided that I wanted to look around and a little bit. I never realized how much there is to just being a teacher. I knew that there was a lot of work. My eyes have been opened already to just how much a teacher does, but I had never realized how much there is to just getting to say I'm a (student) teacher. It kind of blew my mind just a little bit. There are timelines on the site for the organization that I joined for student teachers to use. Apparently, I need to start working now. I need to talk to the education department and find out what I need for my portfolio and such so that I can even just graduate. I've missed out on a lot because I took two classes over in England. Those two classes were ones that I needed to just start my portfolio. People have been really nice and willing to help me, but I don't even know what it is I'm supposed to do for my portfolio. I'm going to have to talk to my advisor. So much to do and in such a short time. I remember when it felt like I was never going to graduate. Now, it's in less than a year. It's hard to believe. By the end of next week, I could be a certified teacher. It's all happening way faster than I ever thought it would. My head is spinning right just thinking about all of it. It's all paperwork, too. I can't even think about my resume right now. I don't even know what all I have done. I don't know. My head is too full of thoughts right now. I'm gonna go. Bye.

P.S. Finally got a full week in. Yay!

No comments: