Thursday, March 4, 2010

I Miss Harlaxton.

My friend Mary and I are actually talking right now about when we were at Harlaxton... a year ago. I can hardly believe that it was so long ago. There are times when I feel like it just happened, but I'll think back over the year and realize it was a year ago. Eventually, it'll be come five and then ten and then fifty years ago. We didn't study nearly as much as we should've. We drank way more than is healthy for anybody, but still. We have no regrets. We look back at this four month period of times in our lives, and we're happy with what we have accomplished. We could have done better in our classes, but we chose to focus on the making of memories. We chose to cherish our time and each other over the classes. We have been very fortunate in the fact that we found each and got to see a very beautiful land that many people only ever get to dream of visiting. I got to see Wicked in London. I rode on and got lost on the Underground. I jumped on a train weekend and went to Scotland. I met and fell in love with a boy. I had an amazing experience. I wouldn't trade those four months in my life for anything. I met people who are very important to me and have changed my life for the better. Who can say that and honestly mean it? I met the best people I could ever have hoped to meet in a beautiful foreign land and learned something new about the world and myself at the same time. I am a very lucky girl.

No comments: