Sunday, February 7, 2010

Almost My Birthday!!!

IT'S ALMOST MY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!

I can't believe that another year has passed in my life. I still feel like I just turned 21. So much has happened in the past year. I've learned so much too. I learned that I'm not meant to fit into certain groups, and I've learned that that's ok. I have people who love me for me and not because I pay for them to love me. I've learned that my true family is always there for me. I've made some incredible friends, and I plan on keeping them in my life for a long time. I've lost some friends that I thought would always be there for me, but aren't in my life anymore. I've discovered that I'm the only one that define who I will be for the rest of my life. My true family will always be there, yes, but in the end, the only one who is there for me is me. I've learned that as long as I love myself, that's all that really matters because I will find someone in the world who will love me for me. Right now, it's not a true love, the person I will be with for the rest of my life, but there are people who hopefully will provide me with an everlasting unconditional love. As long as those people are always there for me, I can be happy. I've found out who my true friends are too. I've learned that sometimes I have to make mistakes and put myself out there in order to grow and to learn. I may not be the person who wants to go out and party and meet tons of boys, and that's going to have to be ok with other people. I've found what I needed at the time, and it's not what I need anymore. I've discovered so much about myself in the past year. This may sound like I'm writing about all the bad things, but there were so many more good times. Hopefully, they will continue into the new year in my life. I hope that there will be many many more good times in the coming year. I love those that I have chosen to stay in my life. I couldn't be happier with the way that many things have turned out. I have had a good 21st year, and I can only hope that the 22nd will be even better. I love my life and the people in it!!!

I'll write about my mom's visit another time. Right now is a time for reflection.

Hours until my birthday: 1

No comments: