Saturday, February 27, 2010

Sean's Poem

This a poem that I'm in the process of writing. It talks about the relationship that my ex-friend Sean and I used to have. It's still unfinished, but I'm working on it.

You tell me not to leave again,
You missed me so much
it's hard to believe
We haven't talked in months.

We used to stay up all night
talking on the phone
It's hard to say
But it's the truth

You're not there anymore
What happened to the guy
that I used to love
He's left me alone.

I can still remember
the day that we met
back in the lunch line
It wasn't high school.

Now it's years later
and I can't let go
of the only guy
I could depend on.

So yeah. I haven't talked to Sean since January, and it's over. How good of friends could we have ever been if we haven't talked in that long? I'm tired of being the one to make things work. If he wants me back in his life, he can call me.

No comments: