Tuesday, February 16, 2010

To Mister Navy Boy

My Dearest Navy Boy,
I remember back when you and I first became friends. I thought you were super cute, and I always loved going to your line to get food. No, you weren't in the Navy yet. You were just another worker at my school that I actually talked to. You talked to me back. After a while, we got to know each other better and actually became friends. I felt that we could be close friends if you wanted to. I'm writing this letter, not to reminisce, but to clear the air between us. I know you'll probably never read this, but I ave to get it out in the open sometime. I trust this blogger thing because it's one place that maybe someone will notice me. I highly doubt it, but you never know. IT seems so long ago that you and I were merely strangers, not caring about each other. Then something happened and we struck up a friendship. It was the week after my 20th birthday. I struck up the nerve to talk to you and we talked. We talked mostly through texts. I would text you when I was bored in class, and you always responded. I sometimes wondered why you would respond so fast. You never disappointed me. I thought you were really cute too. I developed a crush on you that I would deny to this very day if I was asked about it. I have never really ever been true to myself about how I feel about you. Maybe that's one reason why it hurt so much when I found out you got married. You got married and didn't even tell me. I thought we were better friends then that. Now, it seems as if all of our mutual friends are on your side. We didn't have a fight. We didn't even have anything going on between us, just friends. Why then didn't you even tell me? Did you think I would make some big scene about how you and your (now) wife shouldn't be together? That would never have happened. I respect you too much to have ruined what should have been one of the happiest days of your life. It's something we should've been able to celebrate together. I don't know what's going on with you nowadays. It seems so odd that just a year ago for my birthday, you took me out to celebrate being 21. No matter how hard I tried to pay for stuff, you told me no. You wanted to treat me. Now, I didn't even get a happy birthday from you. Why? I don't know if I want to know what's going on with you. Maybe I should just leave you alone. Just know if you decide you don't want to be my friend anymore, I can't have you come back into my life again. I won't hurt myself again like you hurt me. Just know, I will always love you.

Love always,
Megan

No comments: