Thursday, February 4, 2010

Sororities...What Fun!

As some of you may know, I am in the process of getting out of my sorority. Out of protection/loyalty/stupidness, I'm not going to say the name of the sorority or of any of the girls.

I've been trying to get out o the sorority since October. I recently found out that I'm still in it because international headquarters has not yet received my paperwork. How ridiculous is that!?! I did my bit way back in October, and I'm still here. Now, they're trying to say that I owe over $400. I'm like woah! Even with the four months I've been trying to get out, it wouldn't be that much. The dues are only $85 a month. I know that's still a lot, but it's not as bad as some other sorority. Now I have to meet with the president and finance person to discuss what is going on. I'll pay what I can, but it'll have to be done in installments. I don't get paid very much or work many hours. Did I mention that I only get paid once a month? Yeah. This coming month will have the most hours I've ever worked. I should make about $400, but I'm not going to use my whole paycheck to pay for something that I haven't wanted to be in since October. Now, I have to meet with both of these people on Sunday at 8am. It's not very inconvenient for me because I have to be awake at that time anyway in order to go to church and Sunday school. They can't meet with me after church because they have EC at noon, and I usually don't get out of Sunday school until about 1pm. Oh well. Way more inconvenient for them than for me. I would meet with them tomorrow, but someone I guess can't meet during the times I'm available. Despite the fact that I'm no longer active in the sorority, I am still a pretty busy girl. Oh well. At least, I know they'll have to be up way earlier than they want to be. I think I'm going to go do some homework now. Sorry this is boring.

Hmmm...maybe I shouldn't be a vlogger. I mean, my own blog doesn't even interest me.

No comments: