Thursday, April 8, 2010

Another One

Wow! I bet you guys didn't think that I would be halfway caught up on my BEDA posting did you? Well, neither did I, but I am really bored so write I shall do.

I"m trying to think of something that may actually interest someone if they were to read this. My life is actually really boring, but I enjoy it. I figure the more boring my life is, the less drama that can be involved. What do you think about that? I'm not a big fan of drama. I would really rather not get put in it if I can help it at all. Sometimes it happens though. Life happens. One of my friends Carrie and I have actually come up with a motto on how to live our lives. It's pretty simple. It doesn't take a lot to remember, and you have probably said it at least once in your life. it is this: What can you do? Not much.

Now I know it sounds very pessimistic, but it's actually quite hopeful in some ways as well. I like that fact that sometimes things are just out of your control. I don't know what another person's going to say or do. I can only control my response to them. Like earlier when I was telling you about my friend who kept texting and stressing me out. I may not have been completely honest with her. I just needed some time away from her. I controlled my response to her by not being honest. I mean, there's a lot I could be doing, but I am choosing not to do it at this time. I didn't know she would hound me for about 5-10 minutes before my class. I couldn't control that.

It's like when you're in class and your teacher gets mad because your cell phone goes off. What does he or she expect you to do? You didn't know that your cell phone would go off. You have no way of controlling who calls and/or texts you. You can help to lesson the situation by silencing it, but teachers can still hear that if the phone hits something in your bag.

Of course these situations can cause drama, but what can you do? Not much. It's almost like our motto gives you an excuse to place the blame on someone else which is something you should never do. You should always accept responsibility for your actions.

I know this has been kind of all over the place, but I just needed to write.

BEDA days missed: 4
*BEDA replacement posts: 2

*I've decided to change the last part of the BEDA counts because I can't really replace the day. I can only write a post that should have been written that day.

No comments: