Thursday, April 29, 2010

Poem a Week?

I've been watching a lot of youtube lately. I've been watching new people and loving old people more every day. One of the new people I've been watching is Ryan Seiler (www.youtube.com/user/theryanseiler). He's been doing a song every day since about the middle of April. I think that's really cool. It's kind of like BEDA/VEDA, but with music. Anyway, I thought about doing a poem every day. Then I remembered how well BEDA worked out for me, and I started rethinking that idea. My new idea is a poem every week. I think I've generally been pretty consistent about writing in this at least once a week. Starting on the first Thursday in May and every Thursday after, I'm going to write a poem. It may not be a good poem. I'm not even going to promise more than a few lines. All I'm going to promise is a poem about something in my life. More than likely, it'll be a person. I know I got the idea from Ryan, but I've never felt more compelled to do something written before in my life. I'm going to try this out, but I'm not making any promises once again. One poem every week for the month of May, at least. The poem will be something brand new. It won't be something I've been working on the whole week. Ok. That's it for now. I'll be back next week with a poem for you :)

No comments: